1. Where is the Auction? The John Hay Auction is at the Fisher Pavilion (same place as last year) at the Seattle Center. Do you know the winter ice-skating rink? That’s the place…except the ice won’t be there!
2. When does the Auction start? Doors open at 5pm for the Silent Auction. You can grab a glass of wine or champagne and peruse the items. There are a couple different silent auction closes. Silent #1 closes at 6pm, Silent #2 at 6:30pm, Super Silent at 7pm. The Live Auction begins at 7:30pm. The entire list of auction items is available online.
3. How do I check in? Registration this year is very simple. Bring your credit card to check in. We will swipe it, give you your bid number and you are good to go! Happy bidding!
4. I don’t see my Teacher’s Auction item, and I want to bid on it? We are a huge group of volunteers ALL working to make the John Hay Auction a big success. Of course, there are going to be errors…that is human nature. Please know they we are doing everything we can to address and fix these problems. Missing items will be added in an addendum or on-line. Sorry for any confusion.
5. I’m a vegetarian. What is being served for dinner? We have an amazing dinner planned by long time John Hay parents and FABULOUS caterers, Nancy and Kaspar Donier of Kaspar’s Catering. Dinner will be served “family style’ and includes something for everyone — including vegetarian options.
6. What should I wear? The Seattle weather can play a huge part in your decision. Generally, people seem to choose festive spring attire. However, if you want to wear a tux — go for it! You’ll look fabulous!
7. I can’t go to the auction, but want to donate. What should I do? Thank you for your commitment to John Hay. Our programs at John Hay cost approximately $650 additional dollars per child per year. This is for programs that the district does not fund. If we do not raise the money, we are unable to support these needed programs. If you cannot attend the auction, please consider a donation. It is tax-deductible and all proceeds benefit John Hay Programs. The Volunteer Office can assist you with your donation.
8. I have more questions that have not been answered. What should I do? The John Hay Volunteer Office is the place to go for all Auction-related questions. They can answer any questions you might have. Please call Lynn or Susan at 252-2108.