The process for finding our new John Hay principal is well underway. In order to understand how the district selection process works we have;
- Had discussions with the other affected schools in our cluster
- Met with a school that has recently gone through a principal change
- Met several times as a Partners board
- Gathered John Hay staff and teacher feedback
- Had a number of discussions with Dan
As a result, we have developed a one page list of qualities we think are critically important for our next John Hay principal, which you can review here.
This next week, two important events are happening. First, a pool of candidates will be interviewing for all Seattle school district principal openings at the district office. Dan is participating in part of the process, and will help interview some of the candidates.
Second, Pat Sander, the Elementary Education Director responsible for John Hay (and Dan’s boss) is coming to meet with the Partners board on Monday and John Hay staff on Wednesday. We are looking forward to meeting with her to discuss our desired principal qualities, as well as understand the next phase of principal selection.
If you have an questions or comments please contact Kevin Whitworth, our Partners co-chair.